Choir and Music Trust Fund
The All Saints Church Marylebone Choir and Music Trust Fund
Registered Charity No. 802994
All Saints Margaret Street has a world-wide reputation for its music and worship, and is committed to maintaining and building upon this standard of excellence. The music staff consists of a director of music (currently Acting Director Jeremiah Stephenson), assistant organist, organ scholar and a professional choir of twelve men and women.
The principal musical services are High Mass on Sunday mornings and on Holy Days during the week, while Evensong and Benediction are sung every Sunday evening. The repertoire is rich and varied, ranging from the 16th century to the present day, and embracing such figures as Purcell, Blow, Boyce, Mozart, Haydn, Bairstow, Dyson, Walton, Rachmaninov and Tavener. The collection of around 70 Benediction settings is particularly impressive.
At the heart of our music is the superb 1910 four-manual Harrison and Harrison organ, with 65 speaking stops. In 2002-3 the organ underwent major restoration work.
More information about music at All Saints and the organ can be found in the Music section of this website.
Such a musical tradition and establishment is not cheap to run and All Saints is not a church with historic endowments. The annual cost is around £107,500 – or £2,070 each week. This has to be met in addition to the costs of maintaining a busy city centre parish, and Butterfield’s unique and historic building.
The Choir and Music Trust was established to generate the income necessary to support this. Since its inception in 1990, £1.5 million has been raised, and this now produces an annual income of approximately £62,000 – rather over half the cost of our music. We hope, in time, that sufficient capital will have been given to meet the whole cost.
How you can help
If you love and value All Saints, its ministry and worship, why not help to maintain and expand its glorious musical life by giving to the Choir and Music Trust?
Ways to contribute:
- You may make a promise to give a sum to the Trust monthly or annually. This, if you pay Income Tax at the standard rate, enables the Trust to reclaim the tax paid by you, thus increasing the annual value of your gift by over a quarter. Do not do this if the total income or capital gains tax you pay is less than 25% of your total charitable gifts.
- You may make a single gift of any amount. The Trust can reclaim the 25% tax immediately, provided you are a UK taxpayer.
- If you are not a taxpayer, any gift is welcome, if possible with a pledge of support on a regular basis in the future.
You can request forms for any of these methods of donating from the parish office – details are at the bottom of the page. Please specify the method of donation you require forms for:
- a) By regularly giving a monthly or annual sum under the Gift-Aid tax relief scheme.
- b) By means of a single gift under the Gift Aid tax-relief scheme.
- c) By means of a gift, without benefit of tax relief to the Trust, and to enable me to pledge myself to make further monthly or annual gifts. This is for non-UK taxpayers. (We can arrange tax-efficient giving for USA residents).
If none of the above is suitable, you can simply send a donation to the address at the bottom of this page, for which we will be most grateful.
In your will
You may care to leave a legacy to the Trust in your Will or else part of the residue of your estate. Here is a suggested form of wording:
‘I give absolutely the sum of X hundred/thousand pounds (£X00/£X000) to the All Saints Marylebone Choir and Music Trust Fund registered charity number 802994 of 7 Margaret Street, London W1W 8JG and I declare that the receipt of two out of the three ex-officio Trustees being the Vicar and Churchwardens for the time being of All Saints Church, Margaret Street, London W1W 8JG shall be a full and sufficient discharge to my Executors/Trustees for the payment of the same.’
To send a donation or to request forms for any of the methods of donating listed above, please contact us at the following address:
All Saints Marylebone Choir and Music Trust Fund
7 Margaret Street
or use the email form below. Please remember to include your full postal address.